123 Main Street, 345 Mission Boulevard • Hometown, CA • (555) 555-0987 • Fax: (555) 555-5555 • email@example.com
PARALEGAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Case research, client relations, document management, and writing skills gained in progressively responsible positions over a 12-year period.
- Expertise as law office manager, compiling training manual, supervising support personnel, revamping accounting, debit, and credit systems.
- Trained and accomplished interviewer, negotiation, and mediation.
- LexisNexis, WestLaw, Word, FileMaker, Excel, QuickBooks, and Internet skills.
PARALEGAC AND MANAGEMENT EXPEIUENCE
1990 - Present
LAW OFFICES OF BRENDAN ELLIS, Santa Fe, NM
Civil Litigation Specialist/Office Manager
- Manage office and staff of 3 secretaries, ensuring operation of furn with 3 attorneys and billings of $1.5 million and awards over $1 0 million annually.
- Interview clients; prepare files and discovery; handle multiple cases.
- Request and review medical documentation; ascertain evidence information and process all with the appropriate parties.
- Negotiate and settle cases with defense attorney and insurance companies.
- Attend mediations and conciliations.
- Prepare clients for depositions and trials.
- Control and maintain office accounts, using accounting and billing software.
SANTA FE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE UNIT, Santa Fe, NM
- Interviewed victims and witnesses, prepared documents and organized information for court appearances.
- Assisted attorneys during trials, taking notes and facilitating access to evidentiary documents.
1986 - 1990
ATTORNEY DANIEL GALL, Santa Fe, NM
Legal Secretaly/Legal Assistant
- Researched and drafted motions on criminal law and procedural issues. Interviewed clients at Illinois correctional institutions.
- Negotiated plea and bail agreements for defendants accused of misdemeanors. Attended criminal trials and depositions.
1988 - 1989
NEW MEXICO PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, Santa Fe, NM
SAINT JOHN'S COLLEGE, Santa Fe, NM
B.S., Human Resource Management, with Honors
- Completed degree while employed and served as peer advisor to nontraditional students.