Dentist Resume Sample
CHRIS SMITH, D.D.S.
PROFESSIONAL DENTISTRY EXPEIUENCE
1990 - Present
PAYNE DENTAL ASSOCIATES, Bellingham, WA
· Purchased large dental practice through a leveraged buy-out.
· Determined and successfully implemented long-term growth strategies.
· Supervised a staff consisting of two other dentists and six support personnel.
· Provided comprehensive care for over 2000 patients.
· Lead the office in steadily increasing production and revenues.
· Updated practice and computerized equipment.
· Presently facilitating transition of practice to new owner.
1988 - 1990
SEATTLE UNIVERSITY DENTAL SCHOOL, Seattle, WA
Clinical Instructor and Assistant Dental Clinic Director
· Supervised clinic with rotating groups of dental students and support personnel
· Evaluated student performance via videotape voice-overs and written reports.
· Annually analyzed financial viability of clinic, instituted regularly revised plans to increase profitability, and managed business related activities.
1986 - 1988
UNIFIED DENTAL CENTERS, Moses Lake, WA
· Provided comprehensive dental care and trained staff members.
· Developed marketing plan, established and allocated marketing budget, and oversaw business operations of practice composed of one dentist, one hygienist, and one support professional.
1981 - 1986
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, Seattle, WA
Instructor of Clinical Periodontics
· Supervised small groups of students during their first contact with patients.
· Developed lessons, demonstrated periodontal procedures, and evaluated students.
PROFESSIONAL AND UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY, Seattle, WA
Doctor of Dental Surgery
· Completed comprehensive studies, including 2000 hours of clinical experience
· Graduated 10th in a class of 400.
· Served as Mentor for 1st and 2nd Year Students.
SEATTLE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Science Degree, Biology