Technical Writer Resume Sample
TECHNICAL WRITING EXPERIENCE
1999 - Present
RIZZO ASSOCIATES, Melrose, FL
Technical Writer and Senior Project Administrator
· Research data and accurately describe the installation, removal, erection, and maintenance
· Outline wiring diagrams, draw part breakdowns for illustrators, draft and finalize all
· Serve as overall program lead for specific projects in A-3, EA-3, and EP-3E programs.
· Work on IPB, MIM, and IFMM for all maintenance levels.
· Transform various source materials, including engineering drawings and wiring diagrams
1994 - 1999
CAPABIANCO PUBLISHING, Winter Park, FL
· Supported efforts to develop and finalize illustrations and documentation associated
· Served as project lead, including editing, layout, and corrections.
1990 - 1994
DARK WILLOW ENGINEERING CORPORATION, Killarney, FL
· Edited and wrote large proposals for government contracts.
· Designed format and coordinated production.
· Organized and maintained up-to-date dummy book through several revision cycles.
· Interpreted client requirements and determined applicability of proposal responses.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Gainesville, FL
B.S. in Civil Engineering
· Additional coursework in Computer Science, Mathematics, English Literature, and
TECHNICAL WRITING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT QUALIFICATIONS
· Proven abilities to structure technical writing projects and motivate others to complete components accurately and on time.
· Capacities to transform technical information into detailed illustrations and documentation
· Sensitivities related to creation of classified training and support materials for military hardware.
· Security Clearance Level IA.
· Project and team management skills nurtured via observation and experience.
· Capacities to identify specific task components, set realistic deadlines, then monitor and motivate others.
· Expertise associated with the use of Word, Wordperfect, Powerpoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, and CAD.